Who was DJ Olu? one among 3 friends of Davido who was found dead in his car on saturday, 7th of October barely a week after Tagbo’s death.
Here are eight stuff you probably didn’t understand the popular DJ
1. DJ Olu, born Oluwagbemiga Abiodun, is the son of Nigerian businessman Dapo Abiodun, the CEO of Heyden petroleum.
2. He was a graduate of the University of Essex.
3. He started off as an underground DJ in 2010 whereas studying for his “A” levels in England. once DJing and headlining numerous parties across the country, It didn’t take long for him to get noticed .
4. In June 2011 he was signed as the official DJ for Davido’s HKN record label.
5. His 3 years as a part time DJ didn’t go unheeded as he was topped the baddest Dj in Africa once holding down the notable nightclub, Liquid in Lagos until 7am for four consecutive Saturdays in 2013.
6. In early 2014, Olu started one man tour in kingdom and Canada, selling all shows out, that was the primary leg of tour.
7. He has played venues in South Africa, Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, Cotonou, Dubai, Miami, Atlanta and various cities within the United Kingdom. His mixtapes embrace a number of the most popular artists from the scene. Olu was able to combine totally different genre of music e.g hip-hop, funky, bashment, afrobeat, oldies to form a singular sound.
8. He was allegedly in a} very close relationship with Ajay – the last born of Oyo state Governor, Abiola Ajimobi.